Publicado em : 29/09/2016
For all who have a pet indoors, it is always good to have a first aid kit for emergencies. You can either set up your own kit, buy each piece individually, or buy pet kits that are offered in the market. Talk to your veterinarian and check if there is something he specifically recommends for your pet.
Do not forget to periodically check the validity of the products, keep them out of the reach of children and pets and take them with you when you travel with your pet. Check out some items that are indispensable:
- Antibiotic ointment for minor cuts or scratches;
- Antiseptic wipes for wound cleaning;
- Self-adherent bandage (bandage that stretches and sticks in itself, but not in the coat of the animal - available in Pet Shops).
Buy a variety of gauzes and bandages, large and small to cover wounds.
- Muzzle to avoid bites (do not use when the pet is vomiting, choking, coughing or having difficulty breathing);
- Latex gloves for your own protection;
- Bitter taste spray: Bitter taste prevents your pet from licking its wounds;
- Cotton balls and swabs for sanitizing;
- Neutral soap for wound cleaning;
- Sterile ointment.
- Hemostatic powder to stop haemorrhages at nail tips.
- Large Syringe (without needle) for washing wounds or medication administration.
- Pet Thermometer;
- First-aid kit for pets with instructions;
- Telephone from your veterinarian and a quality clinic that provides 24-hour emergency assistance;
- Transport box;
- Keep your pet's vaccination history organized and easily accessible and any veterinarian's notes on special needs cases
Having a pet dog is not that easy, as there are a lot of care that needs to be taken when caring for this little canine life, so many tips are imperative for your puppy to be very happy in your home.
Avoid names that sound like commands
When choosing a name for your new animal, choose one that does not sound like a common command. Animals rely on the "sounds like" instead of "means" when they try to understand what we are communicating to them.
Dogs, like us humans, can suffer from stress. Many people may be wondering: How will I find out if my dog is stressed or not? It may seem strange to many, however, dogs clearly demonstrate when they are experiencing stress.
Bringing a cat home with children requires some parental care. I always find unhappy owners, or more commonly an unhappy cat that was brought to the family for all the wrong reasons.
You do not need to show a cat how to use a scratcher - they already know!
Pug is an excellent companion dog, has a gentle, docile and friendly behavior.
Ela diminui a quantidade de hemácias que são as células vermelhas do sangue, deixando o animal indisposto, com falta de apetite e com as mucosas pálidas.
Veja o que fazer!
Dogs can detect lung cancer with their sense of smell, study suggests.
An experiment with 36 puppies showed that animals feel threatened when they are 'traded' by other animals.